As of May 2009, the producers announced another change in the format with all four couples departing, cutting down to just one couple and shortening the show to just 60 minutes. The show will now portray a more realistic side to what a marriage is, instead of "the painted image of marriage based on romance". For the first time, a real couple is cast in the show. Guest celebrities are invited to be show's commentators for each episode so that they can share their opinions on marriage on behalf of their age group. Kim Yong Jun and Hwang Jung Eum also do the interview room together dressed in wedding attire.
However, due to low ratings, the show returned to its old format with the addition of a make-believe couple actor Park Jae Jung and After School member Uee on August 2, 2009. For the Chuseok special, Brown Eyed Girls' Gain & 2AM's Jo Kwon and SG Wannabe's Lee Seok Hun & host Kim Na Young appeared as two new couples. The episode achieved Season II's highest rating, and Gain and Jo Kwon were announced to be a permanent couple.
Dubbed Couple Names
Apart from the abbreviated names given by the fans, a few of the couples earned unique nicknames that were officially used in the show.
- Alex & Shin Ae:
- 로맨틱커플 (Romantic couple) - Alex's romantic events and antics made them the first of the couples to become vastly popular, even prompting their return to the show (the only couple to do so).
- Alshin couple - The combination of their names. The most commonly used name by fans.
- Andy & Solbi:
- AnSol couple - The combination of their names. MCs also initially dubbed them the Digital couple when they first took pictures and videos of each other on their cell phones. Some fanclubs call them Match Made In Heaven due to Andy's remark of a ring that fits on both the guy's pinky and the girl's fourth figer perfectly.
- Crown J & In Young:
- 개미커플 (Ant couple) - MC Kim Won Hee remarked in one of the earlier episodes of Crown J's resemblance to an ant because of his skinhead haircut.
- A! couple - Crown J's famous inverted upside down 'peace' sign and his exclamation of "A!" in their theme song Too Much.
- Hyun Joong & Hwang Bo:
- 쌍추커플 (Lettuce couple) - Hyun Joong's continuous mispronunciation of 'lettuce' (Ssangchu 쌍추 instead of Sangchu 상추) on their honeymoon and throughout the series in the Jeju island.this name was also given because of the couple's love for lettuce which is shown in the earlier episodes
- Hwan Hee & Hwa Yobi:
- 개똥부부 (Dog Poopie couple) - At the beach, Hwayobi steps on sand and insists that it was dog poop. An amused Hwanhee dubs her 'Dog Poopie' as a term of endearment.
- Marco & Dam Bi:
- Killer couple - Due to Marco's limited Korean, in the first few episodes he repeatedly uses "killer!" to praise Dam Bi.
- Kang-In & Yoon Ji:
- 도토리묵부부 (Acorn Jelly couple) - After their first meeting while passing the Han River, Yoonji remarks how she has always thought the waves remind her of acorn jelly. Kangin says he has always thought the same, though to her disbelief. It is later revealed in a radio interview recorded before they met that he was telling the truth.
- Hyung Don & Tae Yeon:
- 젤리푸딩커플 (Jelly Pudding couple) - Named due to Hyungdon's nickname "Pudding" and Taeyeon's liking for jelly confectionary (usually jelly worms).
- Jun Jin & Si Young:
- 건담 커플 (Gundam couple) - Si Young's favourite toy and television series that she enthusiastically collects and talks about, much to Jun Jin's disinterest.
- Park Jae Jung & UEE
- 캐러멜부부 (Caramel couple) - Dubbed after Jaejung gives Uee a caramel candy at their first meeting.
- Jo Kwon & Gain
- 아담부부 (Adam couple) - Dubbed by Jinwoon and Seulong, initially as "Adam-Eve couple" due to their mutual relationship inexperience, but changed to *"Adam-Adam couple" due to their small appearances ("Adam" is pronounced the same as the Korean term for "little/small").
- Yong Hwa & Seo Hyun
- 고구마부부 (Sweet Potato Couple) - Dubbed when Seo Hyun was to rate the husband by either saying sweet potato (because of her fondness for sweet potatoes), or hamburger (because she finds them unhealthy).
- 용서커플 (YongSeo Couple) - named by MCs and fans by using the first letters of their names, meaning "forgiveness" because of the intense disapproval after they were announced to be the newest couple.
- Nichkhun & Victoria
- 삼겹살커플 (Samgyeopsal couple) - Named after Nichkhun finding Victoria, where he had to ask what her favorite food was which was samgyeopsal.
- 쿤토리아Khuntoria couple - Mixture of the names Nichkhun and Victoria, used by both the couple and the MC's after Nichkhun sees the name used by fans.